[Interest] JS numbers to qint64

Shantanu Tushar shaan7in at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 08:03:58 CEST 2017

Thanks for the reply everyone, so the takeaway is so always store 64-bit
ints as strings in JavaScript, I'll start making that change in our
codebase.

However, I'm still curious on how `console.log` got the output right and it
the precision loss only happened when it went from QML/JS to C++ . Any idea?

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 8:26 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:

> On quarta-feira, 12 de julho de 2017 03:31:54 PDT Ilya Diallo wrote:
> > That's 64bits actually. For integers you're safe up to (2^53 -1), so the
> > OP's value should be ok as it's below that value.
>
> Nitpick: it's actually 2^53,. The first non-representable number is
> 2^53 + 1.
> --

Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
shantanu.io