[Interest] QueuedConnection, QByteArray, reserve, capacity

Yuri Alexandrov evilruff at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 10:51:40 CEST 2017

>One could make it a policy class like the allocators you can supply in
>the std containers, but we're not using that pattern anywhere else in Qt
>that I am aware of.

I think you and Thiago got me wrong. Of course I am aware about this policy patterns, but I am not in anyway propose anything like
QByteArray<DefaultAllocator>	a;
I 100% agree that it’s too much overhead to store it and will lead to many other issues like Thiago mentioned.

I was just proposing something like
setAllocationPolicy( some Enum/int )
or
setAllocationFlags( int with some bit fields)

which might control how an allocation is done.

Yuri