[Interest] Online installer: How to properly remove old versions of documentation/examples?

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 15:19:55 CEST 2017

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10 x64. My current "instance" of Qt has existed since
July 2015, although it has gone through numerous updates over the years.

I've just installed Qt 5.9 and uninstalled Qt 5.8. Months ago, I also
uninstalled all copies of Qt 5.5 and 5.7. I currently have Qt 5.4, 5.6, and
5.9 on my system.

While the headers and binaries for Qt 5.5, 5.7, and 5.8 are now gone, all
their documentation and examples are still there. Furthermore, because I
had installed Qt 5.7.0 but not 5.7.1, the "Update components" option in
MaintenanceTool.exe still prompts me to update the Qt 5.7 docs/examples
(even though I have no 5.7 binaries/headers anymore)

What's the proper way to uninstall the old docs/examples?

Thanks and regards,
Sze-Howe