[Interest] Problem with float texture rendering in QOpenGLWidget on Ivy Bridge/Haswell Intel GPUs on Windows

Sean Harmer sh at theharmers.co.uk
Wed Jun 21 15:33:12 CEST 2017

On 21/06/2017 14:16, Elvis Stansvik wrote:
>> On 21.06.2017 13:22, Elvis Stansvik wrote:
>>> However, I was hesitant to create a Qt bug report as I'm not at all
>>> sure yet that it's a Qt problem. There's still a possibility that it's
>>> a bug in the VTK rendering engine (though it does work when VTK is
>>> configured to use GLEW).
>>
>> I actually guess it's a driver issue, but it would be nice to have a
>> dedicated bug report anyways, so we'd have a central point for tracking
>> the knowledge on the issue (at least, we could mark said bug reports as
>> duplicates of the new one, improving our statistics ;-) )
>
> Alright. I'll make a report then.
>
> But just to be clear, the same VTK test case works fine on the same
> machine when running with "plain" VTK classes, where the rendering is
> set up using GLEW. It is only when running the test case with
> QVTKOpenGLWidget (which derives QOpenGLWidget) that the problem
> occurs.
>
> So I'm not sure it's a driver issue, or rather: If it is a driver
> issue, it must be one that manifests itself only when using
> QOpenGLWidget.

Note that QOpenGLWidget uses an internal FBO to enable it to composite
other widget content. This is accessed via the defaultFramebuffer()
function. Could it be that you rendering code is directly using id=0 for
the default framebuffer, which is not the case within QOGLWidget?

If in doubt, run your pure VTK test case and QT test case through
apitrace and compare.

Cheers,

Sean