[Interest] creating a binary .rcc version of a series of Freedesktop icon themes linked through inheritance

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 10:23:13 CEST 2017

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> All this does is load the .rcc file calle kf5_rcc_theme

Clearly it also works when it's called icontheme.rcc ;)
I have actually no idea where the kf5_rcc_theme comes from. It's not in the .qrc
source file, hence my assumption that whatever the icontheme.rcc file provides is
registered under that name.

> the file engine. If that file had been part of any .so loaded, it would have
> been registered automatically.

This is all part of a build system that handles as many things automagically as
possible. I don't know why the author(s) didn't base their code on a .so; I can
only guess that this is easier to deploy on both of the main targeted platforms
(Mac and MSWin).

R.