[Interest] TableView in Qt Quick Controls 2

J-P Nurmi jpnurmi at qt.io
Wed Jun 28 10:58:53 CEST 2017

Hi,

> On 28 Jun 2017, at 09:18, Andrew Ialacci <andrew at dkai.dk> wrote:
>
> * Can you say if the NEW 5.11(ish) TableView will use the QAbstractListModel or the QAbstractTableModel?
> * Will it rely on roleNames to denote columns?

We're making it possible to use any model. With a multi-column table model it would resolve the amount of columns by default, but allows you to explicitly specify/override the desired amount of columns. With a single model column, it is left up to you to specify the amount of columns. This way, you can use either a two-dimensional QAbstractTableModel, a single-column QML ListModel using role names as columns, JS arrays, or even a plain number if you want to. :)

> * Will the API be similar to the CURRENT TableView?

The API will be more in line with ListView and GridView. The old way of declaring columns with TableViewColumn objects does not scale well for more than a few columns.

--
J-P Nurmi