[Interest] How do you want to select exactly C++11 with GCC 6+?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Mar 9 14:13:28 CET 2017

This is a straw poll to see if we should change qmake's behaviour for Qt 5.9.

GCC 6 and ICC 17, in the absence of -std= comipler options, default ot C++14.
So I have two questions:

1) is there a need for qmake to provide a way to select *exactly* C++11, not a
later, available version?

2) if the answer is "yes", how would you prefer to do so?
	option I:		CONFIG += c++11
	option II:	CONFIG -= c++14		(obviously disables later editions too)

I want to first get just gut feeling, so I won't post pros and cons of the
approaches.