[Interest] Qt3D filtering for different renderviews

Juan José Casafranca jjcasmar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 02:28:29 CEST 2017

Hi,

Im building a simple default viewer using Qt3D for a design tool. I'm trying
to add a typical gradient background and for that I'm using the following
approach.

I have create a custom framegraph with 2 renderviews.
The first renderview clears the buffers, select an ortographic camera and have
a layerfilter (background).
The second renderview is the default forwardrenderer framegraph but I have
change the clearbuffers to DepthBuffer only so it doesn't delete the
background.

The framegraph works fine, but I'm having a little issue. The background is a
QPlaneMesh where I have added a color attribute so I can use the
QPerVertexColorMaterial and the background layer so it's the only entity
viewed by the first renderview. But the second renderview also see this entity
and is painting it.

How can I make the second renderview to skip the background entity? I have
tried to add a LayerFilter for it, but that way I have to add a Layer
component to each object in my scene, which is not practical.

Any idea?

Thanks!!