[Interest] QWebEngineView + QSurfaceFormat == errors in console

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Fri May 5 09:29:46 CEST 2017

On Thursday 04 May 2017 17:57:32 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em quinta-feira, 4 de maio de 2017, às 16:07:12 PDT, Andy escreveu:
> > Fatal: QWebEngine: Default QSurfaceFormat OpenGL profile is not compatible
> > with the global shared context OpenGL profile. Please make sure you set a
> > compatible QSurfaceFormat before the QtGui application instance is
> > created.    (render_widget_host_view_qt_delegate_widget.cpp:148,
> > QtWebEngineCore::RenderWidgetHostViewQtDelegateWidget::RenderWidgetHostVie
> > wQ tDelegateWidget(QtWebEngineCore::RenderWidgetHostViewQtDelegateClient
> > *, QWidget *))
> >
> > (Setting the default QSurfaceFormat is the very first thing I do in main.)
>
> Looks like the Qt3D and QtWebEngine requirements for the OpenGL profile are
> incompatible.

Qt 3D will work with any context, compatibility or profile for modern GL or no
profile for legacy GL. I assume that you actually need some GL 4.1 features if
that's what you're asking for. It seems like the QtWebEngine check on GL
version/profile is broken as the compatibility profile should be, well,
compatible with legacy GL.

Cheers,

Sean

--