[Interest] [Qt3D] Smooth orbit camera

Oleg Evseev ev.mipt at gmail.com
Sat May 6 19:46:11 CEST 2017

Hi,

I'm looking for solution to get smooth orbit camera in qt3d. That is for
example when I need to change angle of observe it doesn't translate camera
immediately, but with some delay, just like in games: when vehicle turn
camera follow it with delay.

Does it make sense to use newest Qt3D animation framework (not yet immersed
in the study how to use it), or it would be overkill for that task and it
would be better to write special camera controller based on
QOrbitCameraController with custom logic for frameAction onTriggered
handling?

Maybe there are some relative examples with ready-to-use math? Will be much
appreciate for links.

Thanks for advices!

--
With best regards, Oleg.