[Interest] [Qt3D] Smooth orbit camera

Andy asmaloney at gmail.com
Sat May 6 20:22:40 CEST 2017

Oleg:

The way I did it was to implement a QVariantAnimation-derived class that
stores the QCamera's start &end positions, view centres, and up vectors.
Then I just set the easing curve & the duration I want and call start().
Works great for my use case.

I haven't looked at the new Qt3D animation stuff, but I think its more
geared towards animated models, not moving the camera?

(In another case I use QPropertyAnimation directly to animate some arrow
drawing in my scene which also works great and is easy to set up.)

---
Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com
twitter ~ @asmaloney <https://twitter.com/asmaloney>