[Interest] [Qt3D] Smooth orbit camera

Oleg Evseev ev.mipt at gmail.com
Sat May 6 20:34:36 CEST 2017

Hi Andy,

Thanks for tips!
I thought about standard animation (it's used in planets example by the
way) but I suppose it's better to use FrameAction:

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qt3dlogic-qframeaction.html#details

> The QFrameAction provides a way to perform tasks each frame in a
> synchronized way with the Qt3D backend. This is useful to implement some
> aspects of application logic and to prototype functionality that can later
> be folded into an additional Qt3D aspect.
>
> For example, the QFrameAction can be used to animate a property in sync
> with the Qt3D engine where a Qt Quick animation element is not perfectly
> synchronized and may lead to stutters in some cases.

Maybe this with camera movement is not the "some case".

> I haven't looked at the new Qt3D animation stuff, but I think its more
geared towards animated models, not moving the camera?

I suppose it's for everything related to animation in 3d :)