[Interest] [Qt3D] Crash with "Invalid thumbnail dimensions: 0x0" on android

Oleg Evseev ev.mipt at gmail.com
Wed May 10 16:22:45 CEST 2017

Hi,

I got crash in application only on Xiaomi Mi4c with MIUI based on Android
5.1.1 (opengl 3.1 V at 103.0) when scene loader loads 3d model with qt-5.8.
Building against qt-5.9 works fine.

Got "Invalid thumbnail dimensions: 0x0" in logcat

*On other androids* (including Xiaomi Mi2 with MIUI based on Android 4.4.4
(opengl 3.0 V at 45.0), and tablet with Android 5.1.1 (opengl 3.0 V at 100.0))
app built with qt-5.8 *works*.

I think it's related to texture rendering cause before crash there is usual
warning in logcat:

[Qt3DRender::GLTexture] No QTextureData generated from Texture Generator
yet. Texture will be invalid for this frame

that is sceneloader load model as usual (I had this warning on Windows and
other androids too).Other objects in 3d scene is loaded and rendered. Also
qgltf example with sceneloaders (but objects without textures) works fine.

The reason not in particular model. Check another one - same crash.

if I rollback qt 3d up to 5.8.0 tag, app runs fines.

Thanks in advance for tips what to do with that.

--
With best regards, Oleg.