[Interest] Android low latency BLE scanning

Alex Blasche alexander.blasche at qt.io
Thu May 11 11:58:13 CEST 2017

Hi,

In short there is no way at this point in time.

QtBluetooth uses Android's BluetoothAdapter.startScan() which does not take a ScanSettings field. This function is deprecated in favour of BluetoothLeScanner.startScan but QtBluetooth has not made this jump yet. Only the new scanner API supports the scan setting you are after. Another problem is that the new API required Android v21. Since Qt supports much lower Android versions the new API is not a complete replacement.

 Could you please file a suggestion in bugreports.qt.io? This way your request finds its way into QtBluetooth eventually. It is the first time I heard somebody wanting access to it. Thank you.

--
Alex