[Interest] Eclipse plug-in status - QtCreator on KDE Neon

Shawn Rutledge Shawn.Rutledge at qt.io
Tue May 16 08:40:03 CEST 2017

> On 16 May 2017, at 02:19, Roland Hughes <roland at logikalsolutions.com> wrote:
>
> Granted, it sounds like this person did things in the wrong order, installing Qt last, but, creator is broken

Really, on a distro that’s trying to use Qt for everything?  Well, I installed it on a spare partition recently (mainly to check out the new global-menu feature), checking...

$ sudo apt-get install qtcreator
 qtcreator : Depends: qtbase-abi-5-5-1
             Depends: qtdeclarative-abi-5-5-0
             Recommends: qmlscene
             Recommends: qt5-qmake
             Recommends: qtbase5-dev-tools
             Recommends: qtcreator-doc but it is not going to be installed
             Recommends: qtdeclarative5-dev-tools
             Recommends: qtxmlpatterns5-dev-tools

Wow, how embarrassing.  Why are they stuck with 5.5-something?

https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=136886

Well, at least you can download and install the Qt SDK.  I tried; it runs.  Somebody suggested that there too.

> so Eclipse is next best option. No, KDevelop does things completely different from Qt

What does that mean?

> so not an option...unless they've completely up-ended how they do things via KDevelop now. If Eclipse plug-in officially dead

I wasn’t really aware of it before… don’t think I ever tried it.

>  I'm told the library issue is an actual problem

Why?