[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 68, Issue 13

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Thu May 18 15:31:56 CEST 2017

On Wednesday, 17 May 2017 22:27:53 CEST Roland Hughes wrote:
> Wow!
>
> Thanks!
>
> The KDE crowd used to be so adamant about keeping "their" process. Maybe
> they finally stepped into the light?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

For what it's worth: You can use KDevelop with any build system out there, as
long as you can start a script/binary which does the build or clean steps.

I've been working on the Qt4 code base with KDevelop 4.x in the past without
problems (which didn't even have support for QMake like KDevelop 5.x has,
nowadays).

I'm using KDevelop to work on QBS-based customer project right *now*.

Citing you from the thread:
> No, KDevelop does things completely different from Qt so not an
> option...

KDevelop is an IDE, Qt is an application development framework. So in fact
your relation cannot make sense to begin with.

Please don't do sweeping attacks (citing "qtcreator is broken", "KDE crowd
used to be so adamant about keeping 'their' process") without explanation and
proofs.

Thanks,
a KDevelop developer