[Interest] Building Qt 5.8 with 2D Renderer

Laszlo Agocs laszlo.agocs at qt.io
Fri May 19 12:27:13 CEST 2017

Hi,

Starting with 5.8 there is no need to build any additional modules, the software backend is built in to Qt Quick (qtdeclarative repo). See http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtquick-visualcanvas-adaptations.html for how to switch between backends, although in the i.MX7 case it is likely that the software backend will be the default anyway (due to no GL headers/libs in the sysroot).

The standalone declarative-render2d repo and its QtQuick2DRenderer docs should be ignored as these are applicable to <= 5.7 only.
Best regards,
Laszlo