[Interest] [Development] Short/medium term evolution of the Assistant?

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Sat Nov 11 13:17:44 CET 2017

> On Saturday November 11 2017 14:44:42 Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
>
>> Not yet. The closest thing that exists at downloads.qt.io for now is [1], so far
>> all pre-releases were published at [2]
>>
>> [1] http://download.qt.io/snapshots/ci/qtwebkit/5.9/latest/src/submodules/
>> Note that "5.9.2" means Qt version which _binaries_ were built against, and
>> is actually irrelevant in the tarball name
>
> Of the source tarball name I presume.
>
>> [2] https://github.com/annulen/webkit/releases
>
> Hmm, the summary on that page also refers to Qt's git repo. I may have gotten myself confused and should probably sit back and read it again to see if I got everything right, but at first glance I'd say that it could be useful to have an easy-to-locate and unambiguous download location for build and source snapshots (for packagers and people who just want to get the latest stable version already).

I agree.

Packagers download from GitHub for now but sure having tarballs on qt.io will be better.

Here are a few existing packages to take inspiration from:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/qt5-qtwebkit.git/tree/qt5-qtwebkit.spec
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/qt5-webkit
https://packages.debian.org/sid/libqt5webkit5
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/www/qt5-webkit/Makefile?view=markup