[Interest] Compiling the latest Qt versions post-5.10

Jeffrey Brendecke jeffrey.brendecke at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 13:15:57 CET 2017

Il 22/10/2017 14:21, Jeffrey Brendecke ha scritto:
> >* Do I need to be registered anywhere as a user in order to get access? I
*>* just want read-only access at this time.
*> >* $ git clone https://github.com/qtproject/qt5.git
<https://github.com/qtproject/qt5.git> --branch dev
*
By the way, why are you cloning from github, and not the official
repository (code.qt.io)?

Cheers,
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Software Engineer
KDAB (UK) Ltd., a KDAB Group company | Tel: UK +44-1625-809908
<+44%201625%20809908>
KDAB - Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts

Hello Giuseppe,

I have been trying to compile Qt for the Apple TV. With the latest Apple
SDK updates, a number of breaks occurred in the Qt releases due to a
deprecated tvos API having been made made obsolete. I must have read
something out-of-date that led me to believe that the newest Qt code was
under github.

Based on your response, I checked out the dev branch on the official
repository and got it to compile.

Thank you for sending me back on the right path.

For some reason I had not seen your response in the digests I received but
found it in the archive. I have since changed my subscription options to
receive individual responses, which will also make answering easier.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Brendecke