[Interest] QT for Asus Tinker

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Tue Oct 10 17:52:11 CEST 2017

Your link has some incredibly telling text.

====

As usual, we are going to cross-compile. The steps are pretty similar to
the Raspbian guide in the Wiki. I have been using this TinkerOS 1.8
image as the rootfs. To get a suitable ARM (32-bit) cross-compiler for
x64, try this Linaro toolchain.
====

You may wish to follow the PostgreSQL message thread as well because the
Raspbian guide is bad and it keeps snowballing out to other really bad
things.

The last sentence of the quote is most telling. They didn't try this on
a 64-bit machine so _ALL_ of their configuration issues were masked.

Are you trying to build on a 64-bit OS? I would guess you are, but
information like that would be most helpful.

Just like the Raspbian Wiki post, they don't identify the version and
patch level of the host OS used for the build environment. This means
_everyone_ assumes it is the same version they are currently using,
which is wrong.

My first suggestion would be to set up a 32-bit distro (as a VM if
necessary) and make sure it is not current. Even though Ubuntu 16.x was
out on May 3, 2017 when that post was created, I would search for a
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 32-bit version. Following the instructions with an
older 32-bit Debian based distro will provide a higher probability of
success.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions