[Interest] Interest Digest Wiki instructions for PI cross compile do not work for PostgreSQL support

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Thu Oct 19 16:09:16 CEST 2017

On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 08:06:26 -0500, Roland Hughes wrote:

> 1) It's QML ...

In case you prefer using the Qt/Quick graphic stack without QML you might
be interested in what I'm working on: https://github.com/uwerat/qskinny.

In fact the heaviness of Qt/Quick is not only QML related and I had/have
to reimplement almost everything of the Qt/Quick C++ layer - beside of
the scene graph and QQuickItem/QQuickWindow.

The project is far from being complete, documentation has not been done
and the quality of the examples is pretty poor. But I hope I will have
something in a few months, that is good enough to show its potential and
I can decide if there is enough interest to continue.

Uwe

PS: the project is driven by a commercial application and on github you
can see only the subset I'm allowed to release. We have reached an
initial version ( about ~50 different pages full of content ) and the
startup time feels like 'ls' in the terminal. ( the previous generation
of the product - less pages, but with QML - needs seconds ).