[Interest] Interest Digest Wiki instructions for PI cross compile do not work for PostgreSQL support

Filip Piechocki fpiechocki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 21:04:42 CEST 2017

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 2:43 PM, Roland Hughes <roland at logikalsolutions.com>
wrote:

> Scroll down and watch the video. QML is an 800 lb gorilla trying to ride
> in a 2 cylinder car.
>
> http://www.logikalsolutions.com/wordpress/information-
> technology/raspberry-qt-part-12-qml-blows-big-stinky-chunks/

Application used here is of course the best candidate for widgets
implementation as it does not use QtQuick advantages.

Do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wulbR2R1GpM
in Qt Widgets and share your results.

But please, do not mislead people. You run this app with software OpenGL on
a device with really weak CPU. Xorg alone eats all resources of RPi 1 as it
has no HW GPU acceleration.
In my company we get 20-25 fps when rendering maps on a quite powerful (for
embedded world) x86 and like 230% CPU usage (of 4 cores) as there is no
linux driver for its GPU. Meanwhile - we get stable 60fps on i.MX6 DualLite
(2 ARMv7 cores 792MHz) with 12-20% CPU usage. All done with QtQuick.