[Interest] What's happening w/Qt3D?

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Tue Oct 24 11:24:28 CEST 2017

Hi Andy,

On 24/10/2017 04:38, Andy wrote:
> I just noticed that all of the Gerrit changes from KDAB contributors to
> qt/qt3d have been abandoned.
>
> What's going on?

KDAB is continuing to invest and develop Qt 3D but we have temporarily
withdrawn our contributions until senior management at The Qt Company
makes it clear that they genuinely wish to treat the Qt Project as an
Open Governance project and that external contributions are welcomed and
valued.

KDAB very much appreciates the support from engineers at The Qt Company
who, like us, just wish to improve Qt for everybody. KDAB will also
continue to support the community and we do not wish to hinder or
obstruct any development.

Rest assured that Qt 3D will continue and that we have some large
improvements in both features and performance in the pipeline.

Kind regards,

Sean

--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK