[Interest] What's happening w/Qt3D?

Andy asmaloney at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 15:03:27 CEST 2017

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 5:24 AM, Sean Harmer <sean.harmer at kdab.com> wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> On 24/10/2017 04:38, Andy wrote:
>
>> I just noticed that all of the Gerrit changes from KDAB contributors to
>> qt/qt3d have been abandoned.
>>
>> What's going on?
>>

> KDAB is continuing to invest and develop Qt 3D but we have temporarily
> withdrawn our contributions until senior management at The Qt Company makes
> it clear that they genuinely wish to treat the Qt Project as an Open
> Governance project and that external contributions are welcomed and valued.

Thank you for the explanation Sean. I hope it gets sorted out soon.

And thank you to KDAB for all the work on Qt3D and other contributions. It
is tremendously useful to the community.

> KDAB very much appreciates the support from engineers at The Qt Company
> who, like us, just wish to improve Qt for everybody. KDAB will also
> continue to support the community and we do not wish to hinder or obstruct
> any development.
>
> Rest assured that Qt 3D will continue and that we have some large
> improvements in both features and performance in the pipeline.

As you can tell from my bug reports and change requests I'm more interested
in working examples and proper documentation than new stuff :-)

> Kind regards,
>
> Sean
>
> --
> Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK
> KDAB (UK) Ltd, a KDAB Group company
> Tel. +44 (0)1625 809908; Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090
> Mobile: +44 (0)7545 140604
> KDAB - Qt Experts

---
Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com