[Interest] [ANNOUNCE] GammaRay 2.8.1

Allen Winter allen.winter at kdab.com
Wed Sep 6 00:03:09 CEST 2017

Announcing GammaRay 2.8.1

Highlights of this Minor Release:
===========================
 * Fix compilation with interestingly packaged qmllint on Ubuntu.
 * Fix error handling in LLDB injector when LLDB scripting support is not available.
 * Fix tree view corruption when searching.
 * Fix linking with backward-cpp in BFD mode using a static libbdf.
 * Fix assert when launching a Windows target using a Qt debug build.
 * Fix crash during attaching on Windows.
 * Fix build with MSVC2010 and Qt4.8.
 * Fix attach dialog not seeing 32bit processes on 64bit Windows systems.
 * Add support for Qt 5.9.2.

The source code can be found on GitHub at: https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay

Tarballs and zipballs for v2.8.1 are available from: https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay/releases

For Linux users:
 * we provide pre-built (against Qt5) packages for some popular distributions at:
    https://software.opensuse.org/package/gammaray

 * for those of you still using Qt4 we also provide the Qt4 probe from:
    https://software.opensuse.org/package/gammaray-qt4

For OS users:
 * we provide homebrew recipes for a Qt5 version and the Qt4 probe at
    https://github.com/KDAB/homebrew-tap

For Windows users:
 * you'll need to build from source as we do not provide installers yet

GammaRay is a tool to poke around in a Qt-application and also to manipulate
the application to some extent. GammaRay uses various DLL injection
techniques to hook into an application at runtime and provide access to a
lot of interesting information.

For more information about GammaRay, please visit http://www.kdab.com/gammaray
and https://github.com/KDAB/GammaRay/wiki

--