[Interest] Unable to do Valgrind Memory Analyzer on i.MX6Q target

Abin Joseph abinjoseph1 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 6 08:34:46 CEST 2017

Hi,

I am trying to do valgrind memory analysis with Qt Creator on iMX6Q board.

I am able to run the application from Qt creator and also able to run application from terminal using command /opt/HelloWorld -platform wayland

I have valgrind in my target board, and if I run valgrind -v /opt/HelloWorld -platform wayland, it gives me whole logs which are so difficult to trace out the exact errors. But still application launches.

But if I click Analyze->Valgrind Memory Analyzer on Qt Creator, it gives me error and the application does not launch.

If I do not give any run time arguments I get the error:

Analyzing memory of /opt/HelloWorld

QML debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment.

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "xcb"

in "".

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, wayland-egl, wayland.

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Analyzing finished.

** Process killed by signal **

If I do not give any run time arguments -platform wayland, I get the error:

Analyzing memory of /opt/HelloWorld

QML debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment.

Failed to create display (No such file or directory)

Analyzing finished.

** Unknown error **

Is there something I am missing to run valgrind memory analysis on iMx6Q board?

With Regards,

Abin