[Interest] QtWebEngine Linux navigator object

Johannes Pointner h4nn35.work at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 08:41:49 CEST 2017

Hi Alexandru,

thanks for the hint. I added a few debug messages and saw that the
chromium code doesn't know that there is a touch device
available(touch_device_linux.cc:IsTouchDevicePresent() ) -> so
maxTouchPoints returns obviously zero. Also the InputDeviceManager has
no keyboard or mouse device.

So I suspect that under Linux Qt gets the information about the input
devices and the chromium part never gets the events about the input
devices? Could this be the case?
Also I think I know why this works on Windows, because they don't use
there the InputDeviceManager to get this information instead they call
system functions.