[Interest] Issue with toLatin1()

Henry Skoglund fromqt at tungware.se
Fri Sep 15 01:18:32 CEST 2017

On 2017-09-14 16:52, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 23:34:20 PDT Sudhir Sharma wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am getting following error while executing my application on QT 5.9.1 with
>> VS2015 (win64). Any idea what could be issue?
>>
>> "The procedure entry point tolatin1 could not be located in qt5xml.dll"
>
> First of all, C++ is case sensitive, so please be sure you did a proper copy &
> paste. There's no method called "tolatin1" anywhere in Qt. If you meant
> "toLatin1", then it exists as a member of QString, which lives in Qt5Core.dll.
> In any case, I'd expect to see a class name somewhere too.
>
> So there's something wrong with your error message. Paste the *correct* error
> message here so we can investigate.

Just a note, perhaps this is on Windows 10, in that case Microsoft has
decided to "improve" that ages-old error message "The procedure entry
point xxx could not be located in yyy" (it's been the same in Windows
2,3,7,NT,ME,Vista believe me I've been there).

Anyway on Windows 10, the error message now points out the
importing/consuming file of the entry point/function, *not* the
producing/exporting file housing that function. So the message could
mean that the qt5xml.dll failed to import toLatin1() from Qt5Core.dll.
Perhaps you have an old (not 5.9.1) Qt5Xml.dll?

Rgrds Henry