[Interest] Issue with toLatin1()

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Sep 15 04:15:05 CEST 2017

On Thursday, 14 September 2017 16:18:32 PDT Henry Skoglund wrote:
> Anyway on Windows 10, the error message now points out the
> importing/consuming file of the entry point/function, *not* the
> producing/exporting file housing that function. So the message could
> mean that the qt5xml.dll failed to import toLatin1() from Qt5Core.dll.
> Perhaps you have an old (not 5.9.1) Qt5Xml.dll?

It is most likely a mixup of Qt5Xml.dll and Qt5Core.dll from different
versions, probably from different compilers. The last change affecting that
function happened in Qt 5.3.0, when I added rvalue and lvalue ref overloads.

But Microsoft didn't add support for them until VS 2015. So the most likely
scenario is that you're mixing 2013 and 2015 builds.

I'm guessing here. If the correct (full) name of the function had been pasted,
I could know for sure which of the two is the old version.