[Interest] How do I get the most robust version of 5.10

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Thu Apr 12 19:56:33 CEST 2018

12.04.2018, 20:34, "william.crocker at analog.com" <william.crocker at analog.com>:
>>>  So, are you saying that the 5.10 branch has been abandoned.
>>
>>  No, it's been *closed*. There's a difference.
>
> If it is closed then I assume issues will not be fixed.
> I call that abandoned.
>
>>>  If so, I do not think the web site should offer it as a download candidate.
>>
>>  Huh, why? What's the rationale for this?
>
> For me I saw it in a distinguished position (tip of the next-to-last branch)
> and yet it had known issues which were not fixed nor would, apparently, ever be
> fixed.
>
>>>  I saw that 5.11 was on the tip and, therefore, assumed that
>>>  the latest 5.10 was good and stable.
>>
>>  It is.
>
> If I may raise my voice for a moment...
>
> No. It (5.10.1) is NOT good.
>
> It immediately failed one of my regression tests.
> You should have known there was an issue because I here it has been fixed in 5.11

In a software project of size and scope of Qt, it would be simply impossible to produce
a release without any known issue in a finite amount of time.

And discovery of bugs in release is not a reason to revoke it, unless it is important
security issue or fatal regression that affect every user.

> Fortunately I did not spend too much time blaming my code.
> I submitted a bug report and was offered 3 patches which fixed the problem.
>
> I think leaving that prominent, dangling version with known
> issues is irresponsible.
>
> Fix 5.10.1 (and make a 5.10.2) or take it away.
>
> Back to calm voice...
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill

Regards,