[Interest] QML vs Electron

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Tue Aug 7 10:23:06 CEST 2018

Am 06.08.18 um 23:46 schrieb Sylvain Pointeau:
> I fully agree with you. I am fully convinced by Qt, I wanted to go
> with Qt, but the price was too high.
> On the website, it is not said anywhere the price for a startup.

yes - it's something "hidden" - here's the original Qt Blog about
startup license:

http://blog.qt.io/blog/2016/03/08/qt-start-ups-awesome/

current prices are 99 $ / Month or 79 $ if payed per year

On this page https://www1.qt.io/start-up-plan/ hit "Apply Now"

Fill it out, explain your situation and submit

Then you'll get an answer by sales if you fit into the program

> I understood it gave only the right to develop until the go live (like
> an extended demo version).
has nothing to do with "go live" - is valid as long as you are a small
company / indiependent dev
... from the website:

/"What’s the catch? No catch and no strings attached. The extended
evaluation period contains all the same technical features as our
commercial licenses do. /

//

/The extended evaluation period is available for companies with an
annual revenue of less than $100.000"/

try it out - perhaps it will help you to grow with Qt

and: as Maurice wrote: there are NO runtime-royalties for mobile
Application Development

ekke