[Interest] QML vs Electron

Vlad Stelmahovsky vladstelmahovsky at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 13:09:02 CEST 2018

It seems Qt suffers from misunderstanding/misinformation and this is pure
Qt Company's fault
And yes, 100$/mo a bit too expensive for startupers, something like
25-30$/mo sounds more reasonable
Also, it would be nice to get clear FAQ what developers can and what they
cannot do under LGPL license with Qt

br,
Vlad

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 10:23 AM ekke <ekke at ekkes-corner.org> wrote:

> Am 06.08.18 um 23:46 schrieb Sylvain Pointeau:
>
> I fully agree with you. I am fully convinced by Qt, I wanted to go with
> Qt, but the price was too high.
> On the website, it is not said anywhere the price for a startup.
>
> yes - it's something "hidden" - here's the original Qt Blog about startup
> license:
>
> http://blog.qt.io/blog/2016/03/08/qt-start-ups-awesome/
>
> current prices are 99 $ / Month or 79 $ if payed per year
>
> On this page https://www1.qt.io/start-up-plan/ hit "Apply Now"
>
> Fill it out, explain your situation and submit
>
> Then you'll get an answer by sales if you fit into the program
>
> I understood it gave only the right to develop until the go live (like an
> extended demo version).
>
> has nothing to do with "go live" - is valid as long as you are a small
> company / indiependent dev
> ... from the website:
>
> *"What’s the catch? No catch and no strings attached. The extended
> evaluation period contains all the same technical features as our
> commercial licenses do. *
>
> *The extended evaluation period is available for companies with an annual
> revenue of less than $100.000"*
>

> try it out - perhaps it will help you to grow with Qt
>
> and: as Maurice wrote: there are NO runtime-royalties for mobile
> Application Development
>
> ekke

Best regards,
Vlad