[Interest] Platform integrations

Furkan Üzümcü furkanuzumcu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 16:05:22 CEST 2018

I’ve been using Qt for mobile and desktop development for a while now and even though I am satisfied with the results, the platform specific features, as you say, have not been great. But consider yourself lucky because Qt is more robust on iOS than Android. Especially with the new dynamic navigation bars that some phones have the UI sometimes freezes when the window size changes because the navigation bar is showing. Getting the platform specific features up and running on iOS is easier compared to Android because of its JNI requirement. With iOS you can simply call the Objective-C++ code.

I’ve never used it but V-Play (https://v-play.net/) has some a lot of platform specific features to make your life easier. They have a different licensing model so I’ve never used them, and I’ve been creating my own UI toolkit, and library for the platform specific features (https://github.com/Furkanzmc/qutils/tree/develop). It is under active development so a lot is changing. I haven’t written proper guides but you can find explanations in the code comments. You might find something useful there when you run into a problem. (e.g the status bar issue, or colour changing, push notifications.)

Regards,
Furkan Üzümcü