[Interest] Geoposition and Ubuntu 18.04

roland at logikalsolutions.com roland at logikalsolutions.com
Mon Dec 10 17:49:52 CET 2018

You know Sergio, I gave up trying to "fix" anything in Qt. The
submission and build process was beyond a nightmare. Many, many, many
good fixes were lost over the years because many many many people had
fixes lost in that process. Probably still are being lost because so
many of us who tried over the years simply gave up. Even if there is a
new process, most of us just won't bother.

This particular bug identifies the complete falacy of automated
testing. If being able to compile under C++11 really is a requirement
then the automated test build should be forcing C++11 and this
shouldn't have made it out. If abandoning C++11, which appears to be
the direction, really is the direction, then it is not a bug, but
death of a standard. At some point, as younger developers want to play
with all of the new toys, that will happen.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com