[Interest] Geoposition and Ubuntu 18.04

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Mon Dec 10 18:59:50 CET 2018

On 10/12/2018 17:49, roland at logikalsolutions.com wrote:
> This particular bug identifies the complete falacy of automated
> testing. If being able to compile under C++11 really is a requirement
> then the automated test build should be forcing C++11 and this
> shouldn't have made it out.

Actually, the question should be how come there isn't a C++11-only
configuration in the CI (or if there is, then what's going on and how
come this slipped through).

In other words: Qt's configure defaults to the highest C++ version
supported by the compiler, and I suspect all compilers in the CI at the
moment support C++1y, so that gets used -- the solution is passing -std
c++11 at configure time to the build.

Worth a bugreport against QTQAINFRA, I think.

My 2 c,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts