[Interest] Qt Quick Controls 1 deprecated but no native styles for Qt Quick Controls 2?

Dmitriy Purgin dpurgin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 17:52:22 CET 2018

Don't forget that in order to use QCC2 you will need a graphic card with
OpenGL support or rely on the rather slow software implementation (was it
GPL only btw?). Qt Widgets don't need a 3D accelerator. There are still use
cases where you don't have an OpenGL-enabled environment. Making QCC2
looking native on Desktop in order to make Desktop applications would -in
my opinion- just mean that you waste computing power on rendering controls
that can be rendered easier, with less dependencies and without need to
provide QML-to-C++ bridges.

Cheers
Dmitriy