[Interest] Qt Quick Controls 1 deprecated but no native styles for Qt Quick Controls 2?

Dimitar Dobrev dpldobrev at protonmail.com
Mon Dec 10 18:02:42 CET 2018

Video cards which don't support OpenGL are without a doubt a small minority. Even if we assume it's a significant minority, have you actually measured the performance of Qt Widgets versus Qt Quick with no hardware support? In other words, Qt Widgets is, as far as I know, always rendered in software, so how would it be faster than Qt Quick rendered in software?

The argument for performance and easiness has been made more than a year ago by the Qt team itself, as I've pointed out earlier in this thread. I haven't said even once that it's easy. I've only been saying it's necessary.