[Interest] Android IRC channels

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Wed Dec 12 20:43:26 CET 2018

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 07:45:58AM +0000, Mitch Curtis wrote:
> We have #necessitas for Android discussion,

Right.

> and I remember #qtforandroid was recently created after the spam
> attacks.  Today I learned we also have #qt-android.

#qt-android has been the hideout during the spam attack.

I was not aware of #qtforandroid until today.

> Can we please settle on one channel [...]

* Channel #necessitas modes: +cnt
* Channel #necessitas created on Wed Apr 27 06:39:36 2011
20 users

* Channel #qt-android modes: +ns
* Channel #qt-android created on Thu Aug 17 06:42:20 2017
16 users

* Channel #qtforandroid modes: +cnrt
* Channel #qtforandroid created on Fri Aug 31 09:15:36 2018
1 user

#necessitas wins by age, population and openness. A potential
problem there is the lack of an operator as seen during the
attack, in which case #qt-android is a reasonable alternative
to keep around.

> and I'll add it to the Wiki [1]?

> People looking for help don't benefit from having three fragmented
> channels for discussion.
>
> [1] https://wiki.qt.io/Online_Communities

There was no fragmentation this morning. #necessitas was the
only channel listed in the wiki. Someone added #qtforandroid
in the mean time, which now has been replaced by a recommendation
to use #qt-android.

Andre'