[Interest] Android IRC channels

Mitch Curtis mitch.curtis at qt.io
Thu Dec 13 10:03:09 CET 2018

necessitas is not a very good or memorable name for "Qt for Android". Being apparently susceptible to spam attacks doesn't sound great either.

Regardless of which one we choose: why don't we decide as a community to settle on one? Is there a reason to have three or even two for the same purpose?

> > and I'll add it to the Wiki [1]?
>
> > People looking for help don't benefit from having three fragmented
> > channels for discussion.
> >
> > [1] https://wiki.qt.io/Online_Communities
>
> There was no fragmentation this morning. #necessitas was the only channel
> listed in the wiki. Someone added #qtforandroid in the mean time, which
> now has been replaced by a recommendation to use #qt-android.

So what you're saying is... there is no fragmentation if people aren't aware of the other two duplicate channels?

In that case, the best course of action would be continue having 2-3 channels and remove all but one from the Wiki. I'm starting to get the hang of this now... does this also work for documentation? Users don't need to know it if we don't add it to the docs? This actually explains a lot. :)