[Interest] Android IRC channels

Shawn Rutledge Shawn.Rutledge at qt.io
Thu Dec 13 10:56:50 CET 2018

I would suggest switching to #qt-android permanently, because it follows the pattern (we have a lot of #qt-foo channels), whereas necessitas was the name of the Qt 4 port to Android.  https://necessitas.kde.org/ says "Necessitas project was completely merged<http://blog.qt.io/blog/2012/11/08/necessitas-android-port-contributed-to-the-qt-project/> into Qt project and KDE Free Qt Foundation Agreement<https://www.kde.org/community/whatiskde/kdefreeqtfoundation.php> was amended<http://www.kdab.com/be-free-qt-on-android/> to cover Qt for Android Port<http://blog.qt.io/blog/2013/12/03/kde-free-qt-foundation-agreement-amended-to-cover-qt-for-android-port/>.  We suggest you all to to switch to Qt5.” So it seems to me the name is obsolete for us, but people could still hang out there and discuss issues with other versions (such as the Qt 4 version).