[Interest] Trouble with include path building qtwebkit on ubuntu

Jonathan Schultz jonathan at schultz.la
Fri Feb 2 10:17:56 CET 2018

Hello,

As a complete Qt newbie I'm trying to make a static build of Qt5 and
QtWebkit for the purposes of making a static build of an application
that uses them.

I'm using tarballs qtwebkit-opensource-src-5.9.0.tar.xz and
qtwebkit-opensource-src-5.9.0.tar.xz on a system with no qt packages
installed (just to make sure I'm not polluting my custom build with
system versions).

Qt built without problems. But when I came to build qtwebkit it seemed
to use hard-coded locations /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/include and
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/include/QtCore/ for its include path.
Poking around a little I could see that these values were defined in
Makefile.WTF and Makefile.LLIntOffsetsExtractor but couldn't see any way
to override these values so that I can build qtwebkit without having to
install Qt5 system-wide.

Can anyone offer a pointer on how I might achieve this?

Thanks as always,
Jonathan