[Interest] Trouble with include path building qtwebkit on ubuntu

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Fri Feb 2 12:00:31 CET 2018

02.02.2018, 12:18, "Jonathan Schultz" <jonathan at schultz.la>:
> Hello,
>
> As a complete Qt newbie I'm trying to make a static build of Qt5 and
> QtWebkit for the purposes of making a static build of an application
> that uses them.
>
> I'm using tarballs qtwebkit-opensource-src-5.9.0.tar.xz and
> qtwebkit-opensource-src-5.9.0.tar.xz on a system with no qt packages
> installed (just to make sure I'm not polluting my custom build with
> system versions).
>
> Qt built without problems. But when I came to build qtwebkit it seemed
> to use hard-coded locations /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/include and
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/include/QtCore/ for its include path.
> Poking around a little I could see that these values were defined in
> Makefile.WTF and Makefile.LLIntOffsetsExtractor but couldn't see any way
> to override these values so that I can build qtwebkit without having to
> install Qt5 system-wide.

Seems like you have (at least parts of) Qt installed system-wide, and you
used system-wide qmake for building. You need to use qmake from your Qt
build, so system-wide Qt installation won't be used.

Also, you should not use qtwebkit-opensource-src-5.9.0.tar.xz for anything.
Use 5.212 branch instead [1]. If you absolutely have to stay with 5.9 branch,
use git branch, not 5.9.0 tarball

[1] http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtwebkit.git/
Latest tarball can be found at
http://download.qt.io/snapshots/ci/qtwebkit/5.212/latest/src/submodules/
Build instruction:
https://github.com/annulen/webkit/wiki/Building-QtWebKit-on-Linux

> Can anyone offer a pointer on how I might achieve this?
>
> Thanks as always,
> Jonathan

Regards,
Konstantin