[Interest] Tricky to download Qt online installer for 64-bit Linux

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 07:27:01 CET 2018

On 7 January 2018 at 06:02, Christian Gagneraud <chgans at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> This one allows to install Qt/32bits on a 32bits PC, up to Qt-5.5.
>>
>> Lucky raskals, we on Mac get a "Maintenance Tool" for about all Qt5 versions but
>> that runs only on recent OS versions... and that will insist on updating itself
>> to a version that maybe won't run on the current host.
>
> We (Linux users) are not as lucky as you think, the two installers
> come with maintenance tools as well, but don't play together, you
> would have to install them side by side (not tested). One allows you
> to develop with Qt/32bits <= 5.5, while the other Qt/64bits >= 5.0
> The 32 bits comes with an old version of QtCreator, basically it's
> just a frozen version of the last official Linux-32 binaries.
> It might be useful for some thought.
>
> Anyway, there's definitely a bug on qt.io. Is anyone from the Qt
> Company aware of this?
>

> Chris

Another issue is that adblockers cause the download buttons to
disappear: https://forum.qt.io/topic/86525/cannot-find-the-download-link

I've pinged our Community Manager about the website issues (which can
also be reported at https://bugreports.qt.io/ under "Qt Project
Website")

As for the issues related to the design of the Online Installer for
Linux and macOS, I suggest creating reports under "Qt Installer
Framework"

Regards,
Sze-Howe