[Interest] Using private QtQuick APIs

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Thu Jan 18 09:32:29 CET 2018

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 11:59:41 -0800, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> True. Maybe it has never occurred to them that the API would be needed.
> You can help make it happen by adding this API yourself too.

In the case of QSkinny we are not talking about some APIs it is a
fundamentally different philosophy about what Qt/Quick is supposed to be.

And as long as C++ has not been agreed to be an officially supported API
to implemented Qt/Quick applications I don't have many arguments for my
patches.

IMHO the only way to add something new to the discussion is to offer an
implementation, that makes arguments quantifiable.

Uwe