[Interest] Problem with NMAKE Visual studio 2017 windows 10

wim delvaux wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com
Sun Jul 1 03:13:25 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I have a custom compiler in my qt project

That compiler is 'requested' by the NMAKE build process as I see the
command to be executed in the output.

However I have qWarning and qCritical messages in my code and no
output is shown when compiling with nmake.

If I execute the commands directly (using cut and paste) from the
prompt of the same CMD window, the output is show as expected.

I ran ProcMon to see what is going on and i notice that my custom
compiler is not run (no start of process is traced by procmon !!!).
It looks as if something inhibits my executable to run.

I have the MSDefender virus scanner installed and run Windows 10
latest updates installed.

HELP a stumped developer !