[Interest] Qt iOS not deploying qml modules?

Rollastre Prostrit rollastre at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 14:39:50 CEST 2018

Hello.

I have a very simple empty program with a main.qml embedded in the
resources consisting of this

import QtQuick 2.9
import QtQuick.Window 2.2

Window {
     visible: true
     width: 640
     height: 480
//    title: qsTr("Hello World")

}

and a main.cpp being

#include <QGuiApplication>
#include <QQmlApplicationEngine>

#include <QFileInfo>
#include <QDir>
#include <QStandardPaths>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
     QCoreApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_EnableHighDpiScaling);
     QGuiApplication app(argc, argv);

     QQmlApplicationEngine engine;
     engine.load(QUrl(QStringLiteral("qrc:/main.qml")));
     if (engine.rootObjects().isEmpty())
         return -1;

     return app.exec();
}

I am building this in Android, Linux, Mac, Windows and iOS and it works
everywhere but iOS because it fails to locate qml modules in the device.
Application exits saying

QmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
qrc:/main.qml:2 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed
qrc:/main.qml:1 module "QtQuick" is not installed
qrc:/main.qml:2 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed
qrc:/main.qml:1 module "QtQuick" is not installed

So the question is, do I need to put something special for the case of
the iOS in the pro file in order for these modules to be included? I
look at the examples and I fail to see anything there. What am I missing
or doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.