[Interest] how do I tell cmake that I need libQt5PositioningQuick.so

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jul 10 18:47:52 CEST 2018

On Tuesday, 10 July 2018 08:28:29 PDT Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > My wild guess: a new plugin that gets deployed by macdeployqt, which links
> > to this library, but isn't added by macdeployqt.
>
> What happens is that when Subsurface (or Subsurface-mobile) starts, loading
> the Map fails (that's QML in both desktop and mobile app). And when you
> look at the error messages, it's because a QML component isn't loaded
> because it needs this library.

Yup, this fits with my theory.

There's a QML import (QtPositioning) that loads the "declarative_positioning"
plugin. That plugin links to QtPositioningQuick:

$ eu-readelf -d /usr/lib64/qt5/qml/QtPositioning/libdeclarative_positioning.so
| grep NEEDED
  NEEDED            Shared library: [libQt5PositioningQuick.so.5]
  NEEDED            Shared library: [libQt5Positioning.so.5]
  NEEDED            Shared library: [libQt5Quick.so.5]
  NEEDED            Shared library: [libQt5Qml.so.5]
  NEEDED            Shared library: [libQt5Core.so.5]
  NEEDED            Shared library: [libstdc++.so.6]
  NEEDED            Shared library: [libc.so.6]
(This is Linux, but same for Mac)

However, this plugin is not new. It's been there since Qt 5.2. So the
regression appears to be in the macdeployqt tool.