[Interest] Display issue with Qt application over SSH/X11

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jul 17 03:09:30 CEST 2018

On Monday, 16 July 2018 16:47:55 PDT charlie hemlock wrote:
> % spyder
> QQuickWidget: Failed to make context current
> QQuickWidget::resizeEvent() no OpenGL context
> QQuickWidget: Failed to make context current
> QQuickWidget: Failed to make context current
> QQuickWidget::resizeEvent() no OpenGL context
> QQuickWidget: Failed to make context current
> QQuickWidget: Attempted to render scene with no context
> QQuickWidget: Attempted to render scene with no context
> composeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failed

Yep, definitely OpenGL issues.

Please make sure glxgears works before trying a Qt application.

Can you switch back to Mesa from the NVidia drivers and try that? If that
isn't enough, try setting LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1.

> Using Windows 10, PuTTY, VcXsrv, and the PyQt apps are on a Linux OpenSUSE
> 42.3 host (nVidia drivers).

On OpenSUSE, the GL libraries are indirected through libglvnd. I don't know
how to tell it to load the Mesa raster instead of the NVidia drivers.