[Interest] Android service starting on boot

Filip Piechocki fpiechocki at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 09:18:20 CEST 2018

Hi,
I would like to create an Android service with Qt that will start at
boot. The thing is that all the information I've found says how to
create a service that is an addition to activity while I would like to
have the service part only. Basing on this tutorial on KDAB page
(https://www.kdab.com/qt-android-create-android-service-using-qt/) I
was able to create an apk with activity (app showing a simple QtQuick
window) and a service which was able to start at boot. Then I've just
removed the <activity> section from manifest and it builds and
installs but nothing happens on boot.
Basically the motivation is to have some C++ with Qt services that are
now happily running as systemd services to be able to wrap them as
Android services.
Has anyone tried that?

Best Regards,
Filip