[Interest] App crashing because of ImageProvider when exiting

Martin Leutelt martin.leutelt at basyskom.com
Wed Jul 25 13:15:47 CEST 2018

Hi Jean,

 From:   Nuno Santos <nunosantos at imaginando.pt>
 To:   Jean-Michaël Celerier <jeanmichael.celerier at gmail.com>
 Sent:   7/25/2018 12:59 PM
 Subject:   Re: [Interest] App crashing because of ImageProvider when exiting

Jean,

This is the main context. It will not get out until app.exec() terminates.

That’s why I’m connecting to aboutToQuit signal in order to remove the provider from the Qml engine.

Since the engine takes ownership you don't need to remove the image provider in your case, since you're not adding/removing providers dynamically during runtime.

I had the provider instantiated inside the controller but I was having this problem already, therefore my efforts in getting it fixed.

QQmlApplicationEngine *e;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    QGuiApplication app(argc, argv);

    Controller controller;

    QQmlApplicationEngine engine;

    e = &engine;

    engine.rootContext()->setContextProperty("controller", &controller);
    engine.load(QUrl(QStringLiteral("qrc:/qml/main.qml")));

    ImageProvider imageProvider;
    engine.addImageProvider("pictures", &imageProvider);

    QObject::connect(&app, &QGuiApplication::aboutToQuit, [=]()
    {
        e->removeImageProvider("pictures");
    });

    return app.exec();